Experience a private 6 nights Barge cruise on the Canal du Midi with Deluxe France onboard the boat 'Enchanté'.
'Enchanté' is a spacious 4 cabins barge with 5 crew members. It is a double-decker hotel barge that has been built to the highest standard for our clients. Experience the picturesque Canal du Midi with this private barge cruise.
The hotel barge is furnished in a contemporary style. It has a large saloon where guests can see chef at work. On the lower deck, there is also a computer with internet connection.
The luxurious air-conditioned accommodation is in four equally spacious twin or double-bedded suites. It is the largest of any hotel barge on the Canal du Midi.
Outside, the spacious sun deck has a dining area, a gorgeous spa pool and comfortable loungers.
'Enchanté' is a vessel that will charm travelers on their journeys through the Canal du Midi
- Private winery tour and tasting of fine wines in Minervois
- Tour Narbonne’s Archbishop’s Palace and market
- Visit an olive oil press
- Visit beautiful Lagrasse and its 8th century abbey
- Tour of the medieval city of Carcassonne
- Excellent opportunities for walking and biking.
Canal du Midi Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival
Pick up in Narbonne and transfer by private chauffeur to 'Enchanté' barge. Champagne welcome. Introduction to the Captain and crew. Dinner on board.
Day 2 Sallèles d’Aude to Roubia
Morning cruise along the Canal du Midi to link Narbonne to the Mediterranean. Firstly, head to the charming historical village of Roubia. In the afternoon excursion to an olive oil press. Then, we continue on to Minerve, the ancient capital of the Minervois. Its hilltop location affords spectacular views. Dinner on board.
Day 3 Roubia to Homps
Start your day with an excursion to Narbonne. a Roman Mediterranean capital where the Visigoth monarchs once lived. Enjoy a visit to this Roman city with its bustling canal-side town. You you will have time to shop or simply absorb the vibrant atmosphere. Later in the afternoon you will cruise past vineyards and pine trees. Alfresco dinner on board.
Wednesday, Day 4 Homps to Puichéric
First start with the visit a 8th century Benedictine Abbey in Lagrasse. It is also one of “Plus beaux villages de France”. Secondly we sample some local cuisine with lunch ashore in a spectacular setting. Continue to cruise to Puicheric, past “l’Epanchoir”. Dinner on board.
Day 5 Puichéric to Marseillette
Cruise along the 330-year-old canal. This is a great opportunity to walk or cycle. The afternoon excursion is a wine tour and tasting in Minervois. Dinner on board.
Day 6 Marseillette to Trèbes
You will first start the day with the visit of fascinating Carcassonne. This is the most complete medieval fortified city in existence. Later in the afternoon cruise through picturesque vineyards and to Trèbes. This is also a medieval town. Farewell Dinner on board.
Day 7 End of the cruise
Transfer to Narbonne
This is a sample itinerary and is subject to change. On alternate weeks the cruise is in the reverse direction.
The barge cruise includes
- 6 nights’ on board (Sunday to Saturday) in air-conditioned en-suite accommodation
- All transfers provided by the crew in mini-vans
- A daily excursion program as advertised hosted by the Tour Guide inclusive of all entry fees
- The services of our experienced Captain, Chef, Tour Guide, Housekeepers & Deck Hand
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner aboard. All lunches and evening meals are a gastronomic adventure. The local produces are delicately prepared by your Private Chef
- Local lunch or dinner ashore at least once
- An excellent selection of fine regional and international wines. Branded spirits from the open bar. Soft drinks plus coffee and a selection of teas
- Use our facilities. Bicycles, boules, barge library, complimentary Wi-Fi and a spa pool